The keto way of life is NOT only about losing weight, but it is also about restoring the fullness of our health.
What is keto?
Macronutrients, which are carbohydrates, protein and fats, fuel our body daily. Carbohydrates (Carbs) are our main source of energy as our body burns carbohydrates first.
Keto describes the state when our body switches to burning fats and ketones as fuel, in the absence of adequate carbs. Ketones are produced when fats are broken down through a process called ketogenesis. Ketones are known to be a more efficient and beneficial source of fuel for our body, brain and vital organs.
This process of using ketones as energy can be achieved through the ketogenic diet, which is high-fat, moderate-protein and low-carb.
What are the benefits of the Keto Diet?
The keto diet, which has been around since the 1920s, reduces the intake of carbs and has been proven effective in areas that include:
- Helping with significant weight loss;
- Reducing seizures in children with epilepsy;
- Improving brain function;
- Aiding in diabetes management (improved blood glucose control and lowered blood pressure);
- Preventing many other diseases, such as cancer, heart disease and strokes;
- Reversing diseases, such as autoimmune disorders, depression, Alzheimer’s Disease, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis and dementia;
- Reducing allergies, acne, eczema, fibromyalgia, low testosterone levels, anxiety, arthritis, gout, kidney stones, and many more similar issues.
Keto Coaching at Dynamics
Wondering if the keto diet is right for you?
Not seeing success in your current diet plan?
Keen to get started on your keto journey but do not know how to?
Dynamics offers one-on-one coaching to answer your questions, understand your needs and preferences, provide expert advice and recommendations, and guide you through an exciting and fulfilling keto journey.
Make an appointment with our Keto Coach today.
Disclaimer: Our coaches are not medical professionals, and do not diagnose/treat illnesses, prescribe medications or perform medical-related functions. Do consult your doctor if you have any medical concerns.